• LIRR M of E Electricians Test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Railroad Spike

Hi, I want to know if anyone can offer any study advice for the M of E electricians Exam? Any books or areas to study?
Thanks!
  by BuddyLee

I am also interested in this, have a test coming up.

Thanks in advance
  by alfig8391

Didn't wanna start a new thread with the same topic, but I'm taking this test for metro north and was wondering where can I get this study guide
  by Mrwolf212

hey so i have the M&E Electricians test can someone please let me know how or where to get a study guide ny test is in 30 days i need help now please.my email address is [email protected]
  by Rayelectric721

What kind of meter do you use on the practical
  by dspazz

Is there any study material to get for the M of E electricians Exam?
  by puckhead

i'm not an electrician, but my understanding from the new hires is that the test has changed, and has more electronics on it than it used to. it probably still has questions on how to use a simpson meter ( an analog meter) so go on the net and learn to read one. also learn basic electronic theory( ohms law, capacitance, resistors, diodes, transistors). you will also need to be able to read schematics. i work with a guy who just started, i'll ask him today what was on his test.