• Lindenhurst C&D guy

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by tushykushy

Last week I noticed that the potential C&D guy in Lindenhurst installed the rest of the spur with new ballast and everything. Last I was over there, the siding was built up to the derail. Now it looks as if things are ready for business. Theres a mesh fence and from what I could see it only appeared to be a 5-6 car spot but I could be wrong.

Provided this guy starts up, how is this move going to go? Push pull? Or down to Babylon and run around?

by Dump The Air

His space also looks like it has the capacity for a possible second track sometime in the future.
  by C&D CASH OUT

I am a college student doing a school project.can someone help me find c&d transfer stations on rail?is there a list somewhere?looking for stations in NY and NJ mainly.i am running out of time.....

by jtunnel

NY&A C&D (from their homepage):

Waste or Scrap Materials
Brookhaven National Laboratory – Upton, NY
Brooklyn Resource Recovery – Bedford, NY
ECDC/Allied – Brooklyn, NY
Gershow Recycling – Medford/Bedford, NY
Heritage Corrugated – Bedford, NY
Jamaica Ash/Westbury Paper Stock – Westbury, NY
Meserole Street Recycling/Vortex, Inc. – Bushwick, NY
Waste Management – Bushwick, NY
SAB Trucking - Maspeth, NY

by KFC Jones

Waste or Scrap Materials
Brookhaven National Laboratory – Upton, NY (contaminated dirt)
Brooklyn Resource Recovery – Bedford, NY (metal)
ECDC/Allied – Brooklyn, NY (?)
Gershow Recycling – Medford/Bedford, NY (metal)
Heritage Corrugated – Bedford, NY (paper)
Jamaica Ash/Westbury Paper Stock – Westbury, NY (paper)
Meserole Street Recycling/Vortex, Inc. – Bushwick, NY (?)
Waste Management – Bushwick, NY (paper, C&D)
SAB Trucking - Maspeth, NY (C&D)

I hope its not to late... anyone want to add or correct?

by SwingMan

Where is this located at? Central or Montauk Branch?

lirr415-Peter

by tushykushy

That list is a bit outdated. You're missing Coastal Distribution, which is a huge operation and the guy on the backtrack.

C&D guy I am referring to is indeed on the central. Suprised so many views and no answers!

by Scrap em Again

New guy on the Central branch is "Wallyworld"

Re:

by nyandw

Scrap em Again wrote:New guy on the Central branch is "Wallyworld"
Can you expand on this? Location and loads in/out? Thanks!
Best,
Steve