• Limited Edition SmarTrip Cards

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by JDC

Metro is selling four limited-edition SmarTrip Cards featuring Van Gogh's artwork. Per the release: "Four limited-edition Van Gogh Commemorative SmarTrip Cards are now available for purchase as Metro partners with The Phillips Collection to celebrate the Van Gogh Repetitions exhibit at The Phillips Collection through January 2014. The cards feature four prominent Van Gogh images: The Bedroom at Arles, The Road Menders, Madame Roulin Rocking the Cradle, and The Postman Joseph Roulin."

The cards can be bought online from Metro, and will be sold by the SmarTrip card dispensers in all stations by the end of this month (I was not aware of the dispenser machines being able to sell various versions of Metro cards simultaneously). More information on Metro's website http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/P ... aseID=5602.

Personally, I like the Road Menders and the Bedroom at Arles....I would have loved a Starry Night version.
  by Sand Box John

I would have loved a Starry Night version.

The Starry Night is in the collection of the The Museum of Modern Art in New York making it not part of the The Phillips Collection promotion.

For those interested in seeing these pieces of art, The Phillips Collection is 1 block west of the Q Street entrance to the Dupont Circle station, 1600 21st Street NW Washington, DC, Northwest corner of 21st and Q Streets NW.