• Lewiston, Maine station to be restored

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by BM6569

It was in the paper recently that the tenant that uses the old MEC Lewiston station is moving out to a bigger space (and easier to get trucks to). He's moving his steel business up on lisbon street. He is going to restore the station and put the windows back in.
In the article, it mentioned when the shingles were replaced, they still had the original year the building was constructed on them. The station has been kept in good shape anyway.
The owner is going to restore it because that's what his father would have done. It's going to house offices and maybe a restaurant? Would be a great location for an actual passenger station as there is room for 100 plus parking. Anyone have old pictures of the station. I was over there and there are some good photo angles on the overpass.
  by Ocala Mike

No old pictures, only memories. When I was a youngster back in the late 40's/early 50's, we used to take the State of Maine out of GCT at 9:00 pm, and arrive in Lewiston at the old depot the next morning after changing in Portland. My mom was from Lewiston (maiden name Doucette), and I still have lots of relatives up there. Can't get past Portland by train anymore, though.
  by gokeefe

Has there been any progress on this project?
  by Cosmo

Does anyone have a pic of the station as it is now?
  by gokeefe

Does anyone know where exactly the station used to be?