• L&HR hopper car spotted in Franklin (model)

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

by woodsie

A Franklin friend showed me his O gauge cars, which are available at the Sterling Mine Museum in Ogdensburg, NJ. The shortys are also available.
They seem to be accurate.
  by Paul Miller

This model is from Short Line Hobbies built by none other than Dave Rutan, of Sussex Railroad fame. He was very impressed with the details included in the kit. Thanks Dave!
  by Marty Feldner

OK- that explains why I haven't been able to place where, in Franklin, the L&HR had a Kadee coupler height gauge! :-)

Seriously- I have that kit, and it is extremely well done (but decidedly in the 'craftsman' category to build). It was a joint effort between Short Line Hobbies and Roller Bearing Models. And, as far as I know, it is the ONLY accurate model of an L&HR zinc ore hopper, in any scale.
  by Paul Miller

For those of you who love to model, the kit also comes with C.N.J. decals. I believe the same car was used for both lines.
  by CAR_FLOATER

Special thanks should be given to Tom Callan of Short Line Hobbies for providing the model to the masses.

CF