• July 4th--any mainline NY action to be seen?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by greenwichlirr

Was planning on headed out into the Mohawk Valley. Is it gonna end up being quiet or will I end up seeing anything?

And while we're at it, how about the rest of the state?

Happy Fourth!
  by C2629

Most holidays other than Christmas CSX runs most of the regular road trains. Traffic between Selkirk and Buffalo has been somewhat lighter lately.
  by greenwichlirr

C2629 wrote:Most holidays other than Christmas CSX runs most of the regular road trains. Traffic between Selkirk and Buffalo has been somewhat lighter lately.
This I have indeed noticed. My usual spot at Amsterdam has been quieter than usual the last few times I've been there. I figured it was because of the trackwork they have been doing.
  by The RR Authority

greenwichlirr wrote:
C2629 wrote:Most holidays other than Christmas CSX runs most of the regular road trains. Traffic between Selkirk and Buffalo has been somewhat lighter lately.
This I have indeed noticed. My usual spot at Amsterdam has been quieter than usual the last few times I've been there. I figured it was because of the trackwork they have been doing.

CSX traffic has been way off.
  by C2629

I spent almost five hours trackside on the fourth. I saw 7 trains, the first one came five minutes after I arrived, then a three hour wait for the next train, with six trains showing up in the last hour and forty five minutes.