• Juicer at L'Enfant

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by strench707

Hey Guys!

Like an idiot today I forgot the scanner while railfanning at L'Enfant, that's downtown Wash. D.C. for those not local. I saw a NB CSX with a solid consist of Tropicana cars pass by around 4-415ish tonight (the 27th). Does anyone have any idea what train number this was? It would be GREATLY appreciated as I once again was careless and left the scanner and can't seem to put my finger on the train number.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Davis
  by Ocala Mike

I believe it's Q740 N/B, and Q741 S/B.
  by strench707

Thank you very much Mike, Q740 sounds right! Now I saw it around 4pm on the 27th so did it leave Florida the same day early in the morning making it Q740-27 or did it leave Florida the day before making it Q740-26?

Thanks!

Davis
  by mmi16

strench707 wrote:Thank you very much Mike, Q740 sounds right! Now I saw it around 4pm on the 27th so did it leave Florida the same day early in the morning making it Q740-27 or did it leave Florida the day before making it Q740-26?

Thanks!

Davis
In CSX train indentification nomenclature - the 27 is the date the schedule is to leave origin. Q740-27 would have departed the Tampa area on the 27th. As we all know, freight trains can run ahead or behind their schedule.
  by Ocala Mike

If you saw it around DC at 4:00 pm on the 27th, it must have originated in Bradenton, FL on the 26th.
  by strench707

Thank you very much guys, I figured it took about a day from Florida.

Davis