• It just never ends - Old Town Closing

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by riffian

Have yet to see if the reopening of this mill has resulted in PAR carloadings. If this pulp is going by rail to Wisconsin, we should have seen some activity by now.
  by CN9634

riffian wrote:Have yet to see if the reopening of this mill has resulted in PAR carloadings. If this pulp is going by rail to Wisconsin, we should have seen some activity by now.
Near heartattack when I saw the title of this thread.... about 30 loads per week
  by KSmitty

CN9634 wrote:
riffian wrote:Have yet to see if the reopening of this mill has resulted in PAR carloadings. If this pulp is going by rail to Wisconsin, we should have seen some activity by now.
Near heartattack when I saw the title of this thread.... about 30 loads per week
Plus a token 1-2 of inbound Calcium Chlorate.

Ditto your statement about heartattacks...
  by BostonUrbEx

Wow, saw this thread and nearly died. I thought they were already closing Old Town *again*. Whew...
  by BM6569

MEC407, can you change the name of the thread? Maybe there is already a thread on Old Town?
  by KSmitty

roberttosh wrote:Sodium Chlorate. :wink:
Yeah, thats the stuff...Can you tell its been a long winter up here? :wink:
  by eustis22

That woman is just a vulture capitalist. There is no "concentrating on turning industries around". She buys the properties at distressed prices, promises all sort of "investments" to upgrade the physical plant...leverages loans from hedge funds that think she's building a business, then declares bankruptcy (all the while insisting she's first in line of creditors) and makes off with the money. The worst aspects of capitalism, writ large, and the workers pay the price.

Whatever happened to that $30M "research grant" for the ethanol process?
  by CN9634

The ethanol bit is still happening regardless of the mills status... obviously having a suitor is helpful. The FBRI initiative rebuilt 1/4 of their loading warehouse into a UMaine Research facility. They are going to run some test loads in the next few years I hear....

Lynn is a bit of a wild card but she is out of the picture now. Expera is a huge win for Old Town.... they got lucky
  by cvrr5809

[quote="riffian"]Have yet to see if the reopening of this mill has resulted in PAR carloadings. If this pulp is going by rail to Wisconsin, we should have seen some activity by now.[/quote
Switched regularly by the NM-1 crew