• Is 156 Still Dead?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by LIRRNOVA55

anything up with her? she still sitting dead in Pond?

by Legio X

I heard at Willis Hobbies in Mineola that she's a parts-donor the other three MP-15ac's NYA has, but I have'nt had confirmation of this from a reliable on-site source, such as Jay or Scrap.

by phantom

Not too many parts left to be donated!

by Scrap em Again

Yeah, she is gutted like a cat fish, missing alot of internals, compressor, brake stand , and various other electrical components.

by Legio X

What does the LIRR's Mechanical Dept. think of 156 being cannibalized by the NYA's shop personnel? Will it have to be back in commission at the end of the lease period for return to the LIRR, or will NYA have to compensate the LIRR financially?

by tushykushy

156 and 151 are both sitting together in pond, with parts missing. 151 gutted like a cat fish too? Is that generator still in Kentucky?

by jayrmli

NYAR has a 30 year lease. When the lease is up, do you really think anyone is going to care about a 50 year old engine?

Jay

by SeldenJrFireman

With a 30 year lease, it sounds like the LIRR basically gave the NYA their headaches. I doubt the engines that the NYA have now will last 10 years. If 261(or whichever one it is) can't go above run 4 without overheating, her days on the line are numbered, same with the rest of the fleet.

by Mr GP10

I am saddened to read this thread about the condition of the NYAR engine fleet. Again this is just my opinion and 2 cents worth. No harm intended to any one here at all. Lets see now......the 151 is dead. 156 dead. 201 really dead. 9321? might be dead? And now the 261 is pushing it? Egads. l This seems to be a problem. is there any way a lease engine or 2 may be ordered/borrwed? some how? I hope something? can be done soon? :(

by LIRRNOVA55

dont forget 202. .

by tushykushy

It's amazing the responces posted on here.... it makes it sound like you guys have stock in the company or something. If 156 wasn't going to be salvagable from a cost standpoint, might as well take what you can get from her and use it to repair the remainder of your fleet (hence saving money.)

by Jayjay1213

As of today, 10 out of 13 engines are running. The 151, 156 and 9321 are OOS. The 151's generator arrived within the last week, and the 9321 is just about finished and will return soon. As for the 261, that thing has been plagued since it hit the rock in Forest Park, eventually, it will run fine again.

by Long Island 7285

261's fath lies in the keyword eventually

by Legio X

261 hit a rock in Forest Park? What's that all about? When?

by Lirr168

Jayjay1213 wrote: The 151, 156 and 9321 are OOS.
Just wondering: what kind of locomotive is 9321? In the relatively short amount of time I have been following NYA, I have never seen 9321 on the road.