• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by MichaelBug

rslitman wrote:I saw 269's Reading interior "twin" 9015 twice in two days.

On Monday morning, it was the 4th of 4 cars on 328, which is usually made up of only three cars. The other three cars were Silverliner IV's. Presumably, only the first two cars were open. I saw "presumably" here because on both Monday and Tuesday, I saw 328 from a different perspective than I usually do. I went into the city for a conference and rode 6321, the express with Bombardiers, both days.

On Tuesday afternoon, while I was waiting for train 4356 (due at 2:10 p.m.) at Market East, train 560 bound for Lansdale and running a few minutes late came through with 9015 sandwiched between two Silverliner III's - 226 and 230.
And on Wednesday morning, 226-9015-230 was the consist on Train 509 from Lansdale to Thorndale.
  by zebrasepta

saw a 4 car consist of 2 SL II's and 2 SL IV's
  by glennk419

Yesterday's Train 5408 to Warminster was a solid SLII consist (201-9010-216) which in itself isn't all that unique but what made it interesting is that it wore a maroon R2 Warminster sign on the lead unit. The trailing cars had the newer (and less readable) blue/gray signs.
  by chuchubob

Last Monday, train 558 arrived at 30th Street from Thorndale as a three car train with SL II 259, SL II 253, and SL III 220. Train 558 departed Market East for Doylestown with those three oldies, plus three SL IV's.
  by zebrasepta

Saw a 5 car consist of 5 SL II's with 269 as the 3rd car
Heading towards Newark as train 9243
All the SL II's were 2xx
  by rslitman

chuchubob wrote:Last Monday, train 558 arrived at 30th Street from Thorndale as a three car train with SL II 259, SL II 253, and SL III 220. Train 558 departed Market East for Doylestown with those three oldies, plus three SL IV's.
253 was the lead car on 6370 and the not-open-to-passengers third/last car on 371 today. The middle car was the consecutively-numbered 254. The last car on 6370/front car on 371 was ex-Airport III 238.
  by chuchubob

During trackwork yesterday, camera car Budd 266 was on track 4 at 30th Street.
  by rslitman

Don't some of you have a nickname for an especially grungy-looking Silverliner II? Is it 262? 262 was the last car on 328 this morning (as usual, not open to riders).

I also saw the side of 218 with the handful of semi-visible letters tonight. I had gone into town tonight and, for the second time this month, took train 394, scheduled to leave Market East at 9:51 p.m. 218 came through in the other direction, but I didn't hear where it was headed, but it may have been train 861 to Chestnut Hill West, due to depart at 9:47 p.m.
  by ex Budd man

One morning this week the inbound W.Trenton train (313) was an all PRR consist, two Budds bracketing two Louies. All PRR cars on a former Reading line!
  by Matthew Mitchell

rslitman wrote:Don't some of you have a nickname for an especially grungy-looking Silverliner II?
You thinking about "Patches"?
  by Silverliner II

Matthew Mitchell wrote:
rslitman wrote:Don't some of you have a nickname for an especially grungy-looking Silverliner II?
Which would be 263, IIRC....
  by glennk419

chuchubob wrote:Budd 266 was on track 4 at 30th Street.
Sporting a horn that looks like it came off of one of the diesels or an old CR unit....
  by rslitman

Silverliner II wrote:
Matthew Mitchell wrote:
Which would be 263, IIRC....
The reason I asked this was that 262 was especially grungy-looking. Maybe both of them are "Patches" candidates!
  by Matthew Mitchell

A coupla times the last few days I heard an unusual flat-sounding horn that was like the Riverline cars, and today waiting at a grade crossing I heard it again on a train led by 206. Is its horn different from all the rest, or was it a standard horn with one of the trumpets not working?
  by zebrasepta

Don't know but I've seen a lot of SL II/III consists recently one after another during the afternoon rush hour
Saw a single sl IV leading 2 SL ii's and 1 sl III