• Industry in Lawrence MA query

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by talltim

I get the impression that the industry in Lawrence next to the old station platforms hasn't been rail served for a good while, Google shows it as being part of the New Balance factory. Does anyone know what it was when it was rail served? Were both the spur that goes into the building and the one alongside for the same industry?
To clarify, I mean these spurs http://g.co/maps/me3ym

Tim
  by jr145

They still get cars, at least a couple times a week. Its called B&D warehouse. The only door that gets used is the first one, the spur that runs alongside it is OOS but its all part of the same building.
  by newpylong

I always threatened to cripple a car full of beer and set it off in my town and come back for it later : )
  by BigLou80

newpylong wrote:I always threatened to cripple a car full of beer and set it off in my town and come back for it later : )
A friend of mine who is a car man in East Deerfield tells me its not at all un common to find a case of beer left in a box car....