• Idling locomotives -- Pan Am may do something about it

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

Neither can I, which leads me to suspect that the home-built APUs don't have them.
  by KEN PATRICK

the kim hotstart sales guy has it right. why try to replicate when so much else is needed. i had 2 kims- gp9 & sw1200. coolant. engine oil and batteries. 440 v plug-ins. $20k each. controls in 18"x16"x 8" box mounted on rear engine panel. only drawback is engine position requirement and cable. discipline is needed. works flawlessly. i don't understand why the hotstart statement is included in the libel lawsuit. its a correct observation. the longer i observe pan am, the more confused i am. my experience with their pricing is one thing but a libel suit? ken patrick