Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by LB

East Northport? There used to be an Aamco there.
  by 4behind2

Between Patchouge and Bellport. These were cars for Eastport Feed.
  by nyandw

4behind2 wrote:Between Patchouge and Bellport. These were cars for Eastport Feed.

Near Sills Rd. across from the current Lowe's?
  by freightguy

That's a great shot. Right-of-way is in pretty good shape maybe the mid 90's or so? I didn't think that was even Long Island at first with grain cars flipped over like that adjacent to the track. I never remember anybody talking about that one or seeing anything in the local papers out there. I guess that could be near the gas station and rr crossing near South Country Rd?
  by jayrmli

Don't think it's anywhere around 2005. Don't remember NYA flipping over any Eastport Feed cars.
  by nyandw

jayrmli wrote:Don't think it's anywhere around 2005. Don't remember NYA flipping over any Eastport Feed cars.
jayrmli: Ok, thank you. I saved the photo while at GEICO, during that time period, as it had the State Farm billboard behind it. At MP55 the AAMCO business prior to the LOWE's currently there would date it far better. Anyone?
  by krispy

I don't recall that one either - perhaps our good friend formerly of PD may have the scoop? (And save me some COFFEE)
  by Bad Luck

That looks like it's going back, this doesn't ring a bell... he may have to consult his low carb report archive!
  by vin5581

Great Pics!!! Is there a thread on here anywhere relating to old businesses/freight siding pics along the LIRR?
  by nyandw

vin5581 wrote:Great Pics!!! Is there a thread on here anywhere relating to old businesses/freight siding pics along the LIRR?

advanced search: +freight +sidings (click on thread topics) Not a lot of pics.

http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/freightsidings.htm I've been adding siding pics for 10+ years to this. (hard to find them)
Location 4 Ronzoni 7 car capacity pasta manufacturer
  by Ocala Mike

Ronzoni sono buoni!