• How to turbocharge an engine

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by acela 2036

Ok this may sound weird, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to turbo charge a train?

by AmtrakPhill629

you want to add an turbo sound to an engine?

by acela 2036

AmtrakPhill629 wrote:you want to add an turbo sound to an engine?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I meant I wanted to turbo charge an engine, so I can make it go like 4000MPH

by Murjax

acela 2036 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I meant I wanted to turbo charge an engine, so I can make it go like 4000MPH
Well first of all, no matter how high you set the speed, it's pretty much impossible to get a train to go around 4000 MPH unless you have an extreamly long route. It's rather easy to get it up to 1000 MPH though. See if my video can help you.

by SubaruWRX

Murjax wrote:
acela 2036 wrote:
Well first of all, no matter how high you set the speed, it's pretty much impossible to get a train to go around 4000 MPH unless you have an extreamly long route. It's rather easy to get it up to 1000 MPH though. See if my video can help you.
How you did it is how I edited my trains too I've had some trains up to 1,000+ MPH however I have one issue with a TGV train maybe I hit the limit.. but my current settings for the train is..

Engine ( TGV_EX-E_1
Wagon ( TGV_EX-E_1 )
Type ( Electric )
MaxPower ( 100000kW )
MaxForce ( 90000kN)
MaxContinuousForce ( 80000kN )
MaxVelocity ( 1000mph )
MaxCurrent ( 10000A#est )
WheelRadius ( 21in )
Sanding ( 1e9mph )
NumWheels ( 1 )
RunUpTimeToMaxForce ( 4 )

The train wont move at all... however if I lower the settings to something more "real world" it moves just fine.