• Hoboken Festival?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by CNJFAN

Does anyone know if there will be a Hoboken train festival this Autumn?
The last one I recall was in 2002.
As we all know, there wasn't one in 2003.

by njt4172

CNJFAN,

Sorry there won't be one! And as far as I know there won't be any until 2007 when Hoboken celebrates its Cenntenial....The only chance you will see a Hoboken Festival in 2005 is if Warrington resigns or is asked to leave......

Steve

by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:CNJFAN,

Sorry there won't be one! And as far as I know there won't be any until 2007 when Hoboken celebrates its Cenntenial....The only chance you will see a Hoboken Festival in 2005 is if Warrington resigns or is asked to leave......

Steve
Unfortunately sad but true. But if the 2007 festival does happen, I'll be there for sure.

by CNJFAN

Thanks Guys,
At least we have the CNJ Festival to look forward to.
And the steam trips at Westfield too.

by BigDell

Steam trips at Westfield?
Sorry—I've been away. Did I miss something?
STEAM? WESTFIELD?

BigDell

by nick11a

BigDell wrote:Steam trips at Westfield?
Sorry—I've been away. Did I miss something?
STEAM? WESTFIELD?

BigDell
Yup, instead of Dunellen RR Days this year, we's got Westfield RR Days.
  by chuchubob

Westfield Railroad Days: Oct 2 & 3

by Idiot Railfan

I think taking a break for a couple years will actually help rejuvinate it. The festival had become routine, and long since stopped being a "must-see" event, as visitors, vendors and exhibitor simply felt if they couldn't go one year, they could go the following year. Plus, for the most part, it had become the same thing every year. How many times can you walk through an Amtrak train and still be interested?

The build-up to a big one in 2007 will help renew interest, and maybe bring in a number of new attractions.

by nick11a

Idiot Railfan wrote:I think taking a break for a couple years will actually help rejuvinate it. The festival had become routine, and long since stopped being a "must-see" event, as visitors, vendors and exhibitor simply felt if they couldn't go one year, they could go the following year. Plus, for the most part, it had become the same thing every year. How many times can you walk through an Amtrak train and still be interested?

The build-up to a big one in 2007 will help renew interest, and maybe bring in a number of new attractions.
Well, for me who's never been to one, it should make for a most memorable day.