• HLCX 101

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by DogBert

...inbound via csx right now. Looks like a gp38 or 40, black with 1010 on the side.

I believe another one of these showed up last week heading out to that new US Rail operation? I forget the details offhand.
  by tahawus84

I think 1017 is in fresh pond now. I can't wait to catch these on their way out to brookhaven. Nice to see different power on the island
  by peanut1

Does anybody know what they are going to use this GP40 for? (switching, freight movement, etc)
  by MrGP10

Just exactly how many of these GP-40s are they getting? So far I guess at Fresh Pond yard is 1010 and 1017?
  by SR4501

MrGP10 wrote:Just exactly how many of these GP-40s are they getting? So far I guess at Fresh Pond yard is 1010 and 1017?
Last I heard just the 2 units. The LIRR still has to take measurements to make sure they will clear the platforms. once that is complete and all inspections, they will be moved to Brookhaven and remain in captive service on their own rails.
  by MrGP10

Does any one have any pics of these 2 HLCX Geeps at Fresh Pond?
  by SR4501

MrGP10 wrote:Does any one have any pics of these 2 HLCX Geeps at Fresh Pond?

SEE MY NEW POST HLCX 1010 AND 1017