• Has Armor yellow made it down to fresh pond?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by deandremouse

Has a Union Pacific engine EVER made its way down to fresh pond?
Why I ask I've noticed some CSX consists on the east coast with a UP engine.
  by Dump The Air

No, all of CSX's engines that go down to Fresh Pond from Oak Point are part of a pool of motive power that's qualified for the area (notched plows for third rail and the like)
  by railfan365

For what it's worth, I did see a former UP locomotive working on First Avenue in Sunset Park as part of the Cross Harbour Railroad (prior to NYNJ LLC). It still had the yellow and grey paintjob with Union Pacific painted on the side.
  by deandremouse

UP SW1500 1133 ex-SP. NYNJ 1133 STILL awaiting new paint.
  by DogBert

deandremouse wrote:UP SW1500 1133 ex-SP. NYNJ 1133 STILL awaiting new paint.

It does have a small white NY Mets logo by the cab on one side.
  by Jayjay1213

A few years back the NYNJ (NYCH whatever they are now) 1133, ex UP locomotive made it up to Pond to assist in a rerailing job. I think that is the closest to an actual UP will ever make it to Pond, unless for some reason they want to pull some publicity thing and send a engine over, sort of like how the CP sent down a widebody with the Christmas train after 9/11.

Freightguy can give more details on the 1133 going up to Pond when he sees this.
  by deandremouse

Dont we have SW1001s & SW1200s (if they ACTUALLY work for once) for that?
Any pics?