• Hamiton station "trepassing station "

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Jtgshu

Gives a new meaning to "snowplow extra" :)

Its a known fact that suicides go up when times are tough. and times still aren't great.

However, you do tend to have better "luck" off'ing yourself with a train tho..... Unlike the poor fella in NYC who thought jumping off a balcony 39 stories up woud be more than enough........but instead landed on the truck of a Dodge Charger and lived...........DOH!
  by Steve F45

Matt Johnson wrote:In all seriousness, I'm almost afraid to stand on the station platform as a high speed train goes by, for fear of witnessing something like this or God forbid getting sprayed with biologically hazardous projectiles!
i've seen a video of a recent incident, most horrifying thing i've seen. I can't imagine beeing the engineer.
  by Jtgshu

Steve F45 wrote:
Matt Johnson wrote:In all seriousness, I'm almost afraid to stand on the station platform as a high speed train goes by, for fear of witnessing something like this or God forbid getting sprayed with biologically hazardous projectiles!
i've seen a video of a recent incident, most horrifying thing i've seen. I can't imagine beeing the engineer.
Yea, but remember, the engineer doesn't see it from that view, and MOST times, is not nearly as horrific from the seat as that vid showed. Often he doesn't see anything, but in that instance, he might see some of the "spray", especially wiht the speed of the Acela. What the vid doesn't show that the engineer and anyone else on the head end has to deal with is the sound of that THUD. Which is totally gut wrenching.....
  by cruiser939

Steve F45 wrote:
The one in July was definitely the most graphic incident caught on video that I've seen. I can't help but think that it's really a shame some idiot posted that video on youtube.
  by Uzi-Cat

What the vid doesn't show that the engineer and anyone else on the head end has to deal with is the sound of that THUD. Which is totally gut wrenching....

Or the sound of the body rolling under the equipment. That is a bit unusual.
  by cruiser939

sullivan1985 wrote:
checkthedoorlight wrote:Look, if people want to kill themselves that badly, why not just set up a suicide booth on the station platform?
Hey now! I don't want to get trapped in some kind of suicide booth with a drunk bending unit! I could get myself killed!
Don't worry Sully, I get the reference and that I think it's hilarious. :wink: