• Great Buys On RR Books

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by CNJ Fan 4evr

I shouldn't tip my hand here but I want to let you folks know,if you haven't done so already, to check out Amazon for some great old RR books. In the past few months I have added many older ,out of print books to my library. Most were gotten way cheaper than I ever expected. Examples: Railroads Of New Jersey -1975 $19.99, Carelton's Erie Lackawanna Story-Updated 1978- $9.99, Carelton's original Jersey Central Story 1976-$29.99, The unique New York & Long Branch-1985-$19.99. I got all the Pennisi booklets from $7.00-$15.00 each. Don Ball books for only $3.00 each. I also found a rare Quadrant Press Jersey Central booklet for only $7.00. I have never seen this one before. Don't get scared by the gradings. I have purchased books graded acceptable and good and they were in better shape than described.Particularly the New Jersey Railroads book. That was listed as good and when I open package the book was like brand new. In fact, I don't know if it had ever been opened at all before. The pages were crisp and new. Happy shopping.
  by charlie6017

Thank you.......I really appreciate this. Being on a fixed income, it helps to save dollars whenever
I can. Thanks a bunch! :wink:

Charlie
  by umtrr-author

Considering that many offerings on Amazon (and eBay for that matter) at at prices I would consider to be, let's say, extremely optimistic (or, let's say, "LOL"), I find this to be refreshing.

I have most of those books but appreciate the heads up.
  by Jim Yonker

This is my first post since joining RAILROAD.NET and wasn't sure where to put it. I wanted to tell rail fans about a book (fiction novel) I wrote that's now out at Amazon: Southern Passage. It's set in the South (Texarkana and Shreveport) in the mid 1960s and tells the story of am eighteen-year-old recent high school graduate from St. Louis spending the summer months working as a switchman for Missouri Pacific RR. Thanks. Jim Yonker