• Grafton & Upton Railroad (G&U) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by SkiScorcher88

1750 made its maiden voyage to West Upton this morning. Left N.Grafton around 7:30, arrived in W. Upton around 9:30. Got back to N. Grafton around 11:30 in the snow. I'll post some pictures soon.
Last edited by SkiScorcher88 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Zoomboy

I was wondering why it wasn't in the yard this morning when I was going to work today. Last night on the way home they had it running so I figured they were switching Washington Mills.
  by jimw

Wish I could have been there! Especially when they passed Dairy Dr! LOL. I am sure there were some disgruntled Uptonites. :-D
  by NNR

Thats great to hear now hopefully they have customers in Upton! Any one with photos of todays run please upload staying in tonight with the kids an could use some entertainment :(
  by NNR

Great shots! again my hats of to the Priscolli and His employees about a year ago that railroad was an overgrown mess! They did a great job. Now hopefully they can make some money off of the Upton yard! Happy New Year Everyone!
  by craven

Great Pic's and video..

Wish I knew of the move as I would have chased the 1750 today!!

Here is to a successful 2010 venture !!
  by Billthee

I noticed the long hood is marked as the forward end of this unit... are the controls mounted to reflect this?
  by SkiScorcher88

Yes, the controls are mounted to reflect the long hood as the forward end.
Also, someone posted additional photos of Thursday's run on NERail.
http://photos.nerail.org/show/?order=by ... 26%20Upton
Billthee wrote:I noticed the long hood is marked as the forward end of this unit... are the controls mounted to reflect this?
  by Dick H

Is the 1750 idling 24/7 or does it have an APU?
Or I suppose they could drain it, since it does
not appear they are using it every day.

Dick
  by NNR

How many miles is it from North Grafton to West Upton? Also how is work going from west upton to hopedale?
  by slashmaster

NNR wrote:How many miles is it from North Grafton to West Upton? Also how is work going from west upton to hopedale?
I think it's like 7, or 7 1/2, something like that. So far, from West Upton to Hopedale they have cut down all the trees and brush that was in the way, filled in the washouts, and did just a little work with the ballast regulator. The ties are much worse so I'm sure it's going to take longer to fix that part on a per mile basis, but it's 6 miles so at least it's shorter. I personally think they can get to Hopedale much sooner fixing the 2 miles from Milford.