• GG1 4879 to run again!

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by JimBoylan

Otto Vondrak wrote:Pennsy mentioned an E-44, don't know if there are any of those left?
At the Railroad Museum of East Strasburg, Pa., indoors.

by Otto Vondrak

[moved to the Locomotive forum, since the topic is broader than just New Jersey- omv]
  by trainspot

I see on the URHS site they plan on painting 4877 Brunswick green, but the StarTrak site mentions 4877 being restored to Tuscan. No date on the Startracks site to tell when it was written.

by Chessie GM50

NJT4272 wrote:
Otto Vondrak wrote:Well, someone thought this thread should be reopened... and so it was done.

-otto-

ps. Silence of the Lambs.
Thank you for humoring us, Otto! We won't let you down!

And YES! You win the extra 50 points! Hannibal Lecter at his finest!
Jtgshu wrote:NJT is going to be rebuilding some of their ALP44's in the coming years - I dunno what the rebuilding will involve, but im sure there will be a lot of parts coming out of the locos and being replaced with new parts.

Meaning that maybe they should gut the GG1 and leaving a frame and making it a GG44 and reusing the parts from the '44s

And im only half kidding
Perhaps something that looks like THIS? :-D
Well, at least if that was the case, which it probably won't be, the GG1 frame would be moving again. I easily see why the GG1's can't be restored to operation, because of asbestos, and stuff like that.

by thor88

The asbestos/PCB abatement is only a minor issue in restoring a GG1.

All it takes is money