• GE Wheel Slip Slide Panel

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Nick Conzo

Question< What does NJT use to test their M1 & M3 Wheel Slip Slide Panels?

The LIRR and Metro North have just pruchased our newest Wheel Slip SlideTester.

It's a portable 3 pound, Tester that will automatically Check, the following M1 & M3 Wheel Panel Functions: Battery Voltage, Regulator Voltage, Wheel Sensor Resistance, 24 Wheel Slip Slide Tests, Synchroslip Tests, Speed Card Tests. The complete test sequence takes less than 3 minutes.

If you would like information (or a demo) Please Contact [email protected]

by Jtgshu

Well, maybe some of hte more techincal gurus here (not you Nick - haha) can help you, but all I can tell you is that NJT doesn't operate M1's or M3's, but rather GE Arrow 3 MU's, orignally built in 1977-78 and rebuilt in 1993. NJT is apparently still deciding if they are giong to be rebuilt again or be turned into nice boxes of aluminum foil, so I wouldn't expect NJT to put out anything, right now for any new products in regard to the MU"s if what they are using now already works

(not that anything they have works anyway - haha).

by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:(not you Nick - haha)
You better watch out Jt or my next railfanning trip may be on your train! I was down the shore today actually and might go down tommorow too.....

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Can I have a cab ride? Can I can I can I?....." :wink:

But anyway, you are correct, don't know the answer for this question.

And I'm no more a guru than you are a veteran! LOL
Last edited by nick11a on Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Irish Chieftain

Nick (the non-guru one): Mind clarifying what you are looking for? NJ Transit operates no M1s nor M3s. Since they don't have steps or trapdoors and cannot operate on catenary like the M2/4/6, they'd be kinda useless for NJT...

(Unless the M1 and M3 referred to are RDCs, which haven't been on NJT rails since the 80s...)