• Ft Worth Sub train symbols/IDs (Texas Yard Transfer Trains)

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by EMTRailfan

I took my vacation a few weeks ago in Ft. Worth. I have one of my photos accepted on RP.net. I am hoping someone can help me with train symbols to complete the data on RP. The line was pretty quiet on the scanner, but a lot of traffic on the rails. Thanks in advance.

by UPRR engineer

You guys in Texas might be able to answer this question, those yard to yard transfer trains get a symbol? Is that work done by dogcatch crews?
  by hinge817

the pic of the up4888 is what i think your refering to. could be a number of train symbols account trains coming from the south either go to the yard (mhofw etc..) or north (mhonp etc...) or east towards arlington. i can do a lil bit of reasearch when i go back to work if you would like the exact train symbol for that train. let me know. it would be helpful to know the date the pic was taken, dont remember seein it on the pic.

by EMTRailfan

The date is 5/14/07 with 4888 in the lead and 3596 in the #2 slot. I don't remember, and can't make out #3. Thanks for the reply in the "Ft. Worth Help" thread although I've been home for a month or so. The info that you posted is what I used. The UP seemed to be a lot busier, although the scanner was pretty quiet. BNSF seemed to use the radios more, but from listening to the DED on their Ft. Worth Sub, seemed to be lighter traffic. All I watched was the UP Ft. Worth Sub quite a most of the mornings at the 240.9 signal, and I caught Amtrak both directions in Crowley one day on the BNSF. I went up to the Amtrak Station another day and they gave me access to the platform without having a ticket to shoot. I got to see all 3 Amtrak trains there at once. Is this normal? I think it was the SB TX Eagle was about an hour late the day I was there. I would have loved to get to Tower 55, but couldn't figure out how from the different "Mapquest" type sites. The mix master mixed everything up for that for me. I'll definately work a little harder to get to 55 if we come to Ft. Worth again. I could see the trains crossing the diamonds from the station, and could have walked there if I would have trespassed. I think the powers at be would have frowned on that though. Just couldn't figure out how to get there legally.
  by hinge817

i did a lil bit of reaserch and could only bring up 16 or so days in the past for that locomotive. since its a manifest, theres only a few trains it could be and as for the date, that would be a day or 2 earlier for the most part. mhonp, mhofw, msafw, mhokc, mspfw. those are just about all that comes out of the south. as far as getting to tower 55 leagally youll have to email me for that. dont think the powers that be would be happy if i gave it out on here. not that its a big secret. [email protected]. another clue is morrisson plumbing supply. :wink:

by EMTRailfan

Thanks for the help!!! I'm not familiar with UP IDs at all. I'm guessing the ...FW and ...KC are to Ft. Worth and Kansas City, but what are the origin cities and what is the third character? I don't look to be in Ft. Worth anytime soon. My brother-in-law is actually talking of moving up here in to Yankee land. He's trying for PA and trying to transfer to the Lockheed Martin here in PA. I'd love to get back there before that happens (if it does), but I probably won't be back unless they don't move.

by rwallace2fan1

type of train, origin, destination, and date. mhokc 21--- manifest from houston to kansas city on the 21st.