• Freight Siding in Kingston, Ma

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by joshg1

The Commonwealth owns the line, either MassDOT or the T. This is a question for the MBTA forum, but in the form of "are there any customers/who has freight rights on the Plymouth line?"
  by fogg1703

It was the siding used by Kingston Propane. They were one of the last customers on the Plymouth line for BCLR. Probably last saw use in the late 80's early 90's. I believe the siding continued and curved into the facility there. Now used by the occasional MBCR MOW equipment.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

The electric lock switch connecting the siding with the Plymouth Main is officially known as North End Plympton Run around. The South switch was removed from service several years ago now. I have only seen MOW use the siding, no freight. The MBTA owns the tracks, and MBCR maintains them, also handles the dispatching of said trains
  by Teamdriver

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:The electric lock switch connecting the siding with the Plymouth Main is officially known as North End Plympton Run around. The South switch was removed from service several years ago now. I have only seen MOW use the siding, no freight. The MBTA owns the tracks, and MBCR maintains them, also handles the dispatching of said trains

L Knife Budweiser house is along side the tracks as they go under rte 3A Kingston, but they were further south in North Plymouth and had rail there I believe.Not sure when they moved ( they got burnt out but still have some sort of storage in N Plymouth ).