• Freight moves to Yaphank?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by jonvit69

anything new coming up in yaphank.havent seen a freight in months(during the day)
  by RPM2Night

Ariva Concrete and Georgia Pacific haven't been getting cars lately?
  by jonvit69

boy i should be patient or talk more often. saw hoppers at the siding in yaphank today.must have came from gershows. did not see the engines though. what i wouldnt do to be that kid again by the yaphank train station
  by RPM2Night

You must have some great memories from the good old days. I have many great memories from mineola in the 80s and early to mid 90s. I miss seeing the variaty that came along with the old diesel fleet of gp38s, mp15s, power packs and even a few glimpses of the c420s.
  by jonvit69

it looks like yaphank has gone cold again.but hopefully with calverton reopening yaphank will get some action. does anyone have any pictures of the decarlo siding to post havent seen any new nya pictures in a while. this site is great
  by jonvit69

hey saw 261 271? new paint job? in good ole yaphank waiting for the greenport bound scoot today 10 hoppers and 3 tankers great to see it
  by RPM2Night

Which way was the freight headed? About what time was this?