• Former Susie-Q High-hood Locomotive History

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by amoreho1

when were they purchased? by nysw !
Last edited by amoreho1 on Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by pablo

This has to be the worst example of a topic I've ever seen. What in God's name are you asking? Could you use a complete sentence? What are you trying to say?

Dave Becker

by Steve F45

the old NS high hoods that are now 3018 and 3022? If i remember right they were still BDLX back sometime in the spring then were NYSW when beeing shipped to dansville for complete rebuilds.

by trainfreak

How could you forget about the 3020? Its the only high hood currently operating! I dont know the dates but i beleive they were originally BDLX 1603-1605. Not totally sure though.

by charlie6017

I changed the title to somewhat clarify the topic.

by scottychaos

the three high hoods:

3018 - SD40-2 - currently at Dansville, will probably get its nose chopped there.

3020 - SD40 - still a high hood

3022 - SD40 - was a high hood, but had its nose chopped at Dansville in 2006.

They first arrived as leasers in late 2002.
were leased all through 2003,
and were bought by NYSW and renumbured Spring 2004.

Scot

by washingtonsecondary

I thought one was chopped already?

by trainfreak

3022 has been chopped...could you thinking about the 3042? I think that got the nose of the 3612.

by cjvrr

What about the high hood Alco??!!!

by scottychaos

cjvrr wrote:What about the high hood Alco??!!!
what high-hood Alco?
the only one Susie ever owned was C420 2010, but she has been off the roster for years..now on the Buffalo Southern:

http://www.railfan.net/railpix/submit/s ... 0-2010.jpg

Scot

by GOLDEN-ARM

And what a dog she was. It wouldn't run more than several minutes at a time, before a ground relay knocked her out. It was never solved, in the time I was there. Seen this one, I'm sure http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=NYSW It would have been nice, to put her through the paces, but the loco was beyond the ability of the electricians of that time. The mechanics were first rate, the electricians, maybe not so much.......

by cjvrr

Hey he didn't say which high hood units, so technically the 260 /2010 was a high hood unit on the roster.....and it was an Alco
  by N_DL640A

Info on NYSW high nose (chopped or not) EMD units.

3042, GP40, ex BDLX 1355, ex NS, NW.
Nose cut down in '04, original wiring & cabling, sold to NYSW.
Operating. NS black.

3018, SD40-2, ex BDLX 3267, ex NS, SOU.
Never ran for NYSW or BDLX. Electrical cabinet completely burned on NS prior to sale.
Bought by NYSW and sent to AMP for complete rebuild.
As of 12/20/06, still at AMP. Will return with low nose, and NYSW paint.

3020, SD40, ex BDLX 1603, ex NS, NW.
High nose, used as B unit. Original wiring & cabling, sold to NYSW.
To go to AMP for complete rebuild once other units return.
Operating. NS black.

3022, SD40-2 (former SD40), ex BDLX 1305, ex NS, NW.
Bought by NYSW, locomotive went OOS in '04 with massive control grounds and shorts.
Sent to AMP for complete rebuild.
Returned from AMP with dash 2 electrical cabinet (recabled & rewired) low nose, and NYSW paint.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Image Happy Holidays, from a sorry camera phone picture. I'm waiting for the conductor, to bring on the coffee and donuts, at WCH, Ohio, in April 2005.......... :-D You guys have a good one. Dave :wink:

by MP366

NYSW 3018 went east out of Rochester, NY this AM on CSX train Q624 12/23/06. Full paint, nose chopped.