• Foreign Power at W Springfield Yard

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by PT1101

As I was coming by West Springfield Yard this afternoon, I saw the MEC 371 and NECR 3844 parked on ice house tracks. Any ideas as to why they were there, or where they might be going? Thanks.
  by Dick H

I believe MEC 371 is running off horsepower hours on CSX.
The NECR 3844 is probably either coming from or going to
the CSOR in CT.
  by PT1101

I appreciate the information. I had seen photos of CSX power roaming up in District one, and witnessed a few Pan Am units on the Q426 / Q427 jobs recently. I'm just curious as to how the 371 will be utilized, ie road train versus yard work. Thanks again.
  by emdpower75

There have been recent photos of the PAR GP40's assigned to local and road jobs while working on CSX. Specifically, one picture shows the BM 332 in an industrial park in Ohio and MEC 377 as the trailing unit on a manifest freight in Ohio on the Chicago Line. My personal thoughts would be CSX is utilizing them where ever needed in systemwide service both road and local.