• for your viewing pleasure 4/26/89 bulletin

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by BM6569

Picked this up the other day at a junk shop in NY. Was only a quarter. Lots of interesting reading material! If you can't read something clearly, let me know and I'll take a look.

by newpylong

Awesome. Love the Bangor yard report.

they still do these, they are called Chief's reports.
  by BM6569

Do you know what symbol STAS stands for? I see a couple of locals I don't recognize either but those are probably an abbreviation for the customer name?
  by GP40MC1118

Well out on the west end it was:

STAS is Short Turnaround Service.
LTAS is Long Turnaround Service.

Basically a crew used to bring a road train into the terminal. STAS used a lot
for Mechanicville/Rotterdam runs.

However, I notice this was on a Rigby report, so that may have been different out there.

d