• Five cabooses in Baltimore moving today

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

by RailVet

An article in a late September issue of the Baltimore Sun noted that a local landmark, five cabooses on panel track adjacent to CSX tracks, were soon to be moved.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/ ... 7627.story

Today is moving day, and at this very moment a crane is lifting them off the track for shipping. Reportedly four of the five have new owners and the fifth may have one before the day is out. There's no word yet as to where they will go.
  by RailVet

Four of the five cabooses have been sold, but the fifth, as of this hour, remains available. The current owner, Jacob "Shorty" Miller, has received a quote from a scrapper, but he hopes a buyer will step forward. Anyone interested may reach him at 410-242-4197. The remaining caboose is ex-B&O, bay window, friction bearings, and had all interior features (i.e., seats, benches, stove, etc.) removed when it was converted to a small store. A buyer will have plenty of interior room to do whatever he wishes with it.
  by caboose9

RailVet said, "Four of the five cabooses have been sold, but the fifth remains available."

Where did the 5th caboose end up?

Thanks, Roger

by gprimr1

I loved driving by these, I will be sad to see them go. Hopefully the area will remain friendly to train watching.

While I prefer St. Dennis, Landsdowne is a great place to. Of course, my first GF is from Landsdowne.