• Finger Lakes Railway (FGLK) Discussion - 2012

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Awol

Theres more than 1 Camas Prairie unit? Do you think the FGLK has GPS for such a small outfit?
  by TB Diamond

??
Last edited by TB Diamond on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by scottychaos

Awol wrote:As I was driving down Rt 5 & 20 in Geneva today, I saw what I thought was the 2308 (Camas Parairie unit) hooked to the blue caboose... I thought that unit was up in Glen's Falls?
Aji-tater wrote:That's the OTHER 2308! :wink:

Maybe you should call the FGLK dispatcher and see if there's any way to access the GPS tracking for their units, like you can do for Strates Shows and other stuff! :P

(This site needs better smilies! Only 5 to choose from and they're lame! )
Awol wrote:Theres more than 1 Camas Prairie unit? Do you think the FGLK has GPS for such a small outfit?
Never heard of the 2308 going to Glens Falls..but maybe I missed it..
not sure what Aji meant by "That's the OTHER 2308! :wink:"..although there was a wink, so I guess its a joke?
if so, I don't get it..Image

There has only been one 2308, and only one Camas Prarie unit..(and 2308 and the Camas Prarie unit are one and the same..)

Scot
  by Awol

Page 6 of this topic had the 2308 in Selkirk, and the 2305 leaving Dewitt, or goiing to it. Neither of those 2 have been reported here, nor have I personally seen them, unless it was hiding in the engine barn or someplace else. Pure speculation that it was in Glen's Falls, but nobody seems to know if that project is up and running either(also page 6). I distinctly saw blue and yellow, while keeping my eyes on the road. Sorry if I confused anyone, and I have no idear what aji-tater meant with the wink...something about a lack of smileys?
  by scharnhorst

maybe the Camas Prarie unit was repainted?????? 2306 has not been in Auburn for a few months any idea whats going on there? 1701 has been working the Auburn job sents 2306 left.

2305 was on the property for a short stay early in the spring and I saw it near the loco shed in Geneva but could not get a clear photo of it. Can't say that I've seen it in Geneva or on any of the road trains which seem to be pulled mostly by 2301, 2304 and 2309.
  by The Man

It must have been the 2310, it is ex ATSF blue and yellow and the 08 is in Ft Edward so it is the only thing that makes sence. FGLK has a GE expert from the former NYS&W operation in Utica so he must be working hard and I was told at one time that unit did not need much and that they had all the parts to make it run. This is my guess based on the "I distinctly saw blue and yellow, while keeping my eyes on the road." And 08 did not get repainted before it left and I don't know but I would guess it did not get painted down there.

JJ-
  by scharnhorst

The Man wrote:It must have been the 2310, it is ex ATSF blue and yellow and the 08 is in Ft Edward so it is the only thing that makes sence. FGLK has a GE expert from the former NYS&W operation in Utica so he must be working hard and I was told at one time that unit did not need much and that they had all the parts to make it run. This is my guess based on the "I distinctly saw blue and yellow, while keeping my eyes on the road." And 08 did not get repainted before it left and I don't know but I would guess it did not get painted down there.

JJ-

If there fixing up 2310 then the parts could be coming off of FGLK/NYS&W 2300 or both of the units that came off of Conway Scenic. From what I had heard from an FGLK Employee all 3 units were bought for parts supply due to the many internal issues??
  by scharnhorst

Otto Vondrak wrote:Is the FGLK even painting locomotives anymore? I hope they do, it would be nice to restore the "fleet" look once again.

-otto-
Last time I talked to the Auburn Crew the plans were to paint 2305, and 2306 first some time this year or early spring next year?? but all that is also subject to change too. 2308 and 2310 were never brought up so who knows.
  by BR&P

scharnhorst wrote: Last time I talked to the Auburn Crew the plans were to paint 2305, and 2306 first some time this year or early spring next year?? but all that is also subject to change too. 2308 and 2310 were never brought up so who knows.
2305 has been in FGLK colors for...2 or 3 years? Did you mean a different unit?
  by scottychaos

BR&P wrote:
scharnhorst wrote: Last time I talked to the Auburn Crew the plans were to paint 2305, and 2306 first some time this year or early spring next year?? but all that is also subject to change too. 2308 and 2310 were never brought up so who knows.
At least 8 years..2305 was in FGLK lightning stripes in late 2004..not sure how long before 2004 though..

Scot
  by scharnhorst

BR&P wrote:
2306 and 2307 sorry..... been a long time sents I've seen 2305.
  by scharnhorst

nice!