• Finding 451-452 Married Pair Set

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by SeptaFan235

Hello! Has anyone seen the 451-452 Married Pair set? I haven't seen this set in a while. Has anyone seen it? If so, please let me know. I love this set :-D ! It's the only one that has the cab decals with both the logo and the name on both sides of the car!

Thanks!

-SeptaFan
  by nomis

by BuddSilverliner269

Septafan, is there any reason why you are starting new threads for every individual car on the Septa RRD? It gets annoying every other day seeing multiple threads opened where we already have threads open on these subject. I'm just wondering?
  by SeptaFan235

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:Septafan, is there any reason why you are starting new threads for every individual car on the Septa RRD? It gets annoying every other day seeing multiple threads opened where we already have threads open on these subject. I'm just wondering?

BuddSilverliner, The only reason I ask is because these two cars are special! They stand out! To my understanding, these cars are the only ones that have the double logos (cab decals) on the front of the car. Also, I asked because I have not seen this car in a while as it is one of my favorite GE cars. I was simply just wondering if anyone has seen it around on one of the RR lines as I have not seen it in a while. That would be the reason I asked. That would be all.

Thanks!

~SeptaFan
  by transit383

Never noticed this before on these cars. Is there any reason the logos were installed like that? Just a goof at the shops?
  by MelroseMatt

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:Septafan, is there any reason why you are starting new threads for every individual car on the Septa RRD? It gets annoying every other day seeing multiple threads opened where we already have threads open on these subject. I'm just wondering?
Why not 400+ sub forums to keep track of each car? :)

I've been trying my best to post real time from my blackberry when I see #269. If the rest of the people around here keep up, it could be like watching a live newsfeed. One of these days Trainview might show each car trolling around on a big map, with all gray lines, and no R numbers.
  by dcipjr

Why not 400+ sub forums to keep track of each car?
Or just merge the existing threads into one thread that covers all the special / oddball cars (269 should still get its own separate thread, of course).
  by R3 Passenger

I rode home in 451 yesterday on train 741. Was the last car in the consist.

I found it. What do I win?
  by BuddSilverliner269

R3 Passenger wrote:I rode home in 451 yesterday on train 741. Was the last car in the consist.

I have a scooby treat for ya if you want it. Haha
  by R3 Passenger

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:
R3 Passenger wrote:I rode home in 451 yesterday on train 741. Was the last car in the consist.

I have a scooby treat for ya if you want it. Haha
Sure! I'll be waiting on the platform at Croydon. Just throw it out the cab window as you go by. :P
  by rslitman

I don't want to encourage a type of activity that some of the more expert posters here have frowned upon (a thread looking for a particular car or cars other than 269).

But with the II's and III's supposedly going away pretty soon, the more interesting trains are going to disappear - 269, 266 (camera car), 218 (partial "Pennsylvania" on one side), the 2x2 Airport cars, 9015 and 25-something with the brown seats.

So I want to discover some interesting Silverliner IV's, if there are any. 280 has had the cameras inside (I don't know if they're still there), but that was about it, until I read this thread about 451-452. So now I am looking more carefully at trains with IV cars to see if these two are among them.
  by dcipjr

9015 and 25-something with the brown seats.
258 and 259. Also 9012! :-)
  by Quinn

I suggest a thread for "special" pairs and single units. I think it would be much easier to check in on one thread, as opposed to a bunch all over the forum.
  by SeptaFan235

dcipjr wrote:
9015 and 25-something with the brown seats.
258 and 259. Also 9012! :-)

Don't forget 9007!