• Fantasy B&M museum location and your 5 must have locos/cars

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by ericofmaine

NRGeep wrote: Well, the working 7470 is Maine Central. I could be wrong about the dead steam engines heritage?
Actually, 7470 is ex CN, the 501 (the dead one) is Maine Central.

Eric
  by NRGeep

ericofmaine wrote:
NRGeep wrote: Well, the working 7470 is Maine Central. I could be wrong about the dead steam engines heritage?
Actually, 7470 is ex CN, the 501 (the dead one) is Maine Central.

Eric
More evidence of my delusions. Next stop, reality. And kudos to Mr Otto and others who remind us of the treasures of the B&M artifacts in the RR museums in New England and beyond. Let's roll!
  by Trainlover479

NRGeep wrote:
ericofmaine wrote:
NRGeep wrote:...Ahh, and while we're at it, bring back the reformatory branch for the occasional run of that unmentionable B&M steamer which will be bought and restored from CSRX pulling ...
Can someone fill me in, what B&M steam engine is at Conway?

Eric
Well, the working 7470 is Maine Central. I could be wrong about the dead steam engines heritage?
Ok i have been up at CSRR alot, 0-18a 0-6-0 #7470 is Ex Canadian National Ex Ex Grand Trunk and is Currently Operational, and MEC 2-8-0 #501 is on Display, but lots of arguments to make it operable because of how close #7470 might be to getting put out of service. But guys, as the Mod's say, Lets not make anouther CSRX or 470 Club Argument or Thread, Theres already enough heat over in those threads and there doesnt need to be more.

And there are No B&M Steam Locomotives in Conway, Heres a list of all the survivng B&M Steam Locomotives and their locations,

B&M 0-6-0 #444 in New York State
B&M 0-6-0 #410 in Lowel, MA
B&M 4-6-2 #3713 "Constitution" being restored to operation in Steamtown, PA
B&M 2-6-0 #1455 in CT
B&M 4-6-2 #3666 sunk in the bottom of Portsmouth Harbor, NH
B&M 4-4-0 #494 on display at White River Junction, VT.

Those are all the Steam Locomotives that exist from the mighty B&M, if you are wondering about #3666, thats a long story...

and heres a pic of the #501
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MEC407

Mbta fan wrote:How did 3666 get sunk in a harbor?
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=17395