• Ex PRR line near Route 220 in State College

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by Schuylkill Valley

I have real Reading Company Blue Prints of New Barry Jct. from the 1920's. I did make copies for a friend back in 2001 a Mr. Bill Bigler of Big Flats, Ny.

Len.

by Schuylkill Valley

I found this on a web site:

Len

by Schuylkill Valley

This is a bridge near kate do, I think that's the right spelling. Have you ever been through the tunnel near Orvenson?

Len.

by Beech Cricker

Schuylkill Valley wrote: The Beech Creek Railroad was formerly called the Susquehanna & South Western Railroad. The Beech Creek District consisted of the trackage from Jersey Shore Jct. southward and westward. The balance of the trackage, from Newberry Jct. (near Williamsport) to Jersey Shore Jct. and northward into New York State was the Fall Brook District. Coal from the Clearfield District, for which the Peale area was a part, moved to Newberry where it was interchanged with the Reading Railroad for forwarding to tidewater, or continued northward into New York for other coal users in the East. The output of the Clearfield Bituminous Coal Corporation mines was used for company supply coal by the NYC's Lines East (of Buffalo).
I wrote this piece--I believe you may have gotten this from a guy selling a BCRR bond certificate?

Do you have anything more from the Railroad Museum of PA specific to the Gorton station?

Jeff

by Beech Cricker

Schuylkill Valley wrote:This is a bridge near kate do, I think that's the right spelling. Have you ever been through the tunnel near Orvenson?

Len.
I think you mean Kato (once spelled Cato)?

This bridge does not look familiar at all. Certainly it wasn't a RR bridge. There are many roads back in there though.

Yes, I have been to Hogback Tunnel, located between Kato and Orviston. It has become quite a challenge to get to now that many of the RR bridges were scrapped out several years ago.

Jeff

by Schuylkill Valley

Hi Jeff,
I have home movies of that tunnel from the 1950's there on 8mm film, I'll see if I can make a Mpg file and upload it on my video website.

Take care,
Len.

by Beech Cricker

Schuylkill Valley wrote:Hi Jeff,
I have home movies of that tunnel from the 1950's there on 8mm film, I'll see if I can make a Mpg file and upload it on my video website.

Take care,
Len.
Len, I would really like to see such footage!

Jeff