• ex-MBTA GP9 In Manchester NH

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by GP40MC 1116

wog820 wrote:Heard threw the grapevine the washout is fixed and the engine could go up within the next few days,NEGS just waiting for cars to bring up!
Last I heard was that as well, nothing further but the washout last I heard:
They've dumped stone, but need to tamp and surface the line. Work still needs to be done on the stone arch culvert, but will not impact the track. I am sure they've made progress since the last report i knew of. I will be up their tommorow, so i will see how things are when i stop in

Bernie-

by NellsChoo

So 1921 wasn't a real B&M engine? :( Oh well, still looks nice...

by GP40MC 1116

Look for the 1921 to be moving in transit by NEGS/Hobo RR in the next few days from what I am told, either last night or today it may happen

by octr202

NellsChoo wrote:So 1921 wasn't a real B&M engine? :( Oh well, still looks nice...
Northern Pacific originally...

http://home.netcom.com/~whstlpnk/diesels.html

Built as NP 336 in 8/57. Became BN 1921, retired and sold to Chrome Locomotive in 9/83, resold to MBTA in 11/83. According to that site...

by jimmiegag

THANKS FOR THE UP DATE--- THAT IS VERY GOOD NEWS TO HEAR!!

Jim Gagliardi
  by wog820

Just got word that 1921 was heading North, most likely at the Lochmere siding right now waiting for Winnipesaukee Railroad to pick up!
  by GP40MC 1116

wog820 wrote:Just got word that 1921 was heading North, most likely at the Lochmere siding right now waiting for Winnipesaukee Railroad to pick up!
Report from trusted people (hehe)

The ex MBTA 1921 was moved today (Friday) first by New England Southern Railroad based out of Concord, not sure exactly, but i think some cars were delivered to Quinn T in Tilton on the way. The 1921 was delievered to the Plymouth and Lincoln/NEGS interchange. The Winnipesaukee Railroad will be picking it up after opperations end for the day with a ALCO and moving it to Merdeth, NH where it wil be for a bit until the Hobo can arrage for it to be picked up and brought to Lincoln
  by wog820

My information is first hand, if you don't want it ,I won't post it !...The engine is in Meridith today..probaly go north at end of days operations

by GP40MC 1116

GP40MC 1116 wrote:http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... bydate%3A1
NO NO wog820, i wasn't saying your information was bad. When i saic "Report from trusted people (hehe) " i ment my friend who is the engineer who moved it called me thats all

Sorry for the Confusion
  by wog820

No problem, We all know the same people, I been hangin up there for years I just don't get up there as often as I like (kids) you know. I know for sure we'll bump heads sooner or later. We probaly already met,
  by GP40MC 1116

wog820 wrote:No problem, We all know the same people, I been hangin up there for years I just don't get up there as often as I like (kids) you know. I know for sure we'll bump heads sooner or later. We probaly already met,
Could be, I am in college near Concord and met the NEGS Staff and started hanging arround on Tuesday/Wednesday this past Spring simmester. They are good people as is the Plymouth and Lincoln folks of the Hob and Winni :-D VERYY Railfan friendly!
  by wog820

Looks like 1921 made it to Lincoln NH yesterday afternoon, Hope you railfans are getting these pictures,
  by GP40MC 1116

wog820 wrote:Looks like 1921 made it to Lincoln NH yesterday afternoon, Hope you railfans are getting these pictures,
:-) According to NERAIL pictures PLRR 302 shoved it to Lincoln yesterday, nah i was smart I got it with other cool stuff like the FRA T-17/NEGS and the 1921 all in Concord ! :wink:
  by racettey

I know this is off topic I'm a railfan looking to get some awesome pictures of loco's up around Nashua and Manchester New Hampshire I live in Derry and just want to find the Nashua railyard and the manchester railyard anyone got any adresses