• Eastbound Stops and Sidings

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by guilfordfreak

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anywhere between the East Deerfield Yard and Athol, where an Eastbound train (EDNM, EDWA or EDRU) stops or sides. Also if there is any quasi-set schedule for any of these trains that you know of. I'm looking to take some pictures of some trains in that area. Thanks.

by truman

Eastbounds have in the past sometimes stopped for coffee in Athol. I can't remember the name of the place, but its a busy little diner by the underpass near to the old station.
There is double track in and west of Erving, with some nice locations along the Miller river. bring a fishing rod along with the camera and scanner.
  by cpf354

guilfordfreak wrote:I'm wondering if anyone knows of anywhere between the East Deerfield Yard and Athol, where an Eastbound train (EDNM, EDWA or EDRU) stops or sides. Also if there is any quasi-set schedule for any of these trains that you know of. I'm looking to take some pictures of some trains in that area. Thanks.
On average, one eastbound gets out of East Deerfield by late morning or afternoon. If they were to have to hold for a meet with a westbound between there and Athol it would be at Erving.

by atholrail

It's very rare to see an Eastbound stop @ Athol nowadays. If their stopping for lunch they mostly stop @ Gardner. Westbounds thou stop much more @ Athol. For lunch @ "China Lee", or recrews @ Tyter's.
Billy. W.F.P.T.