• East Rutherford Approves Meadowlands Megamall Finance Deal

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Patrick Boylan

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_j ... f2d24.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
facing a lawsuit by the New York Giants and New York Jets, who say the mall will create traffic nightmares on game days.
no details in the article, so I have no idea if this mall itself will generate train riders, but maybe the traffic nightmares will.
  by ACeInTheHole

Patrick Boylan wrote:http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_j ... f2d24.html
facing a lawsuit by the New York Giants and New York Jets, who say the mall will create traffic nightmares on game days.
no details in the article, so I have no idea if this mall itself will generate train riders, but maybe the traffic nightmares will.
Are they joking? Did the Jets and Giants happen to forget that the Meadowlands is hosting the Superbowl in a few months time? Traffic armageddon is coming.
  by Steve F45

The mall will not be open by the time the super bowl is in town. Nearly all the wiring and duct work needs to be ripped out since it sat unused, it all rusted and corroded. However, i think there should be some service for this place once the water park, indoor sking are open. I can see that attracting a lot of people.
  by photorailfan

The outside of this building does not attract anyone in a positive way. Whoever designed the so called artwork was on drugs. The whole complex is an eye sore. And the road in that immediate area has more twists than a pretzel. Great for generating tons of confusing traffic. It would be better to take the train if one wants to get there.
  by MattW

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for the developers to fund some kind of shuttle service, Hoboken-Secaucus-Meadowlands as mitigation, at least on the weekends.