• EA's Rail Simulator

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by SubwayTim

This past summer I bought Rail Simulator by EA (Electronic Arts), and I'm still trying to figure out how to access United States routes. It seems all they give you are a few European routes. So far I've only been using the Free Play mode, and I'm just wondering if you have to play and complete the scenarios in order to be able to increase the selection of routes, rolling stock, etc.. Overall, this rail simulator seems to be a lot more detailed than the old Microsoft Train Simulator. Anyway, thanks for any help.
  by chrsjrcj

When I got the game, the United States route was already on there. Did your box look like the one below?

by SubwayTim

Yep, that's the one I have. How do you get the United States Route???
  by chrsjrcj

SubwayTim wrote:Yep, that's the one I have. How do you get the United States Route???
I'm pretty sure its the first route option on the main page. It should say Barstow to San Bernardino route or something like that. Unfortunately, this is the only US route included with the game.
  by SubwayTim

chrsjrcj wrote:
SubwayTim wrote:Yep, that's the one I have. How do you get the United States Route???
I'm pretty sure its the first route option on the main page. It should say Barstow to San Bernardino route or something like that. Unfortunately, this is the only US route included with the game.
How do you get additional routes??? I was hoping the Northeast Corridor was on there! I'm hoping someday a rail simulator will be released that focuses on the Northeast Corridor, that would include Amtrak as well as the different commuter rail lines along the corridor.
  by keeper1616

Don't worry, MSTS 2 is a about a year away, and I'm sure they won't forget about the NEC.