• Driving me nuts on the R3 Elwyn Line

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by benltrain

nittany4 wrote:sorry dad :(
now go to bed!

anyway, i think this whole thing is silly, as SEPTA is just playing with this ROW that could become a passenger line again. take it or leave it, but don't keep doing this!

by glennk419

nittany4 wrote:
whovian wrote:I guess SEPTA is preempting any other excuse for why there won't be any extension beyond Wawa of rail service by removing the catenary. I'd like to see the timetable for when, or should I say if, the catenary will be replaced. Only SEPTA, boy I tell ya! Everybody else seems to, at least, want to expand. SEPTA's philosophy is quite the contrary. Pitiful!!!!
it's truly amazing how much mass transit infrastucture that septa lets go to waste...

-trackless routes in the northeast and south philadelphia with tied off wires
-the 23
-the 56
-the city subway
-the r3
-the manayunk viaduct
-proposed cross county metro
-pcc cars practically given away to museums
-abandoned row to newtown, doylestown, quakertown and reading
-a desperately needed boulevard subway that will never be built

am i missing anything?

if this were seattle, phoenix, st. louis, etc. where mass transit was viewed as an asset, these would all be in play

septa is an embarrasment
Doylestown?

by nittany4

my bad

i was on a rant

:wink:

by glennk419

No problem, I was just hoping I hadn't missed something.