• Downtown Vancouver Historic Railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

by erielackawanna

For those interested in interurbans, I thought I would share a shot from 2001, when I was lucky enough to find 15 minutes of sunshine in Vancouver, and shot their 1907 era British Columbia Electric Railway homebuilt car, before boarding it for a ride to False Creek (via Leg In Boot).

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=241165

Thanks for looking, and corrections are welcome.

Charles Freericks
Santa Monica
  by 2spot

Excellent picture, Erielackawanna. Definitely post more if you have any.
edited by Ken V July 10, 2008 20:08 EDT
  by 3rdrail

She is a beauty ! Looks like it ran out of the company shops yesterday ! Love to see some more pics. :-D
  by erielackawanna

Thanks so much guys. I'll take a good look at the others I shot that day and see if any are worth posting. As I recall, it was a really dark and ugly day with lots of stuff in my way. I think the sun came out for like five minutes and I got that one shot.

I'm going to look for more though and will let you know when I post them.
  by hirailer

I bet a rainy day, moody quality pic would be great, never let the rain put you off, some of my favourite pics are just such shots. Wet rails, a misty backdrop, the soft glow of the lights inside a/the car, and you have the makings of a fine picture.
It gives one the feeling of "gee I wish I was in there in the warmth".
What is the purpose of the group of horizontal slats across the front of the roof section? If you have some info on that it would be appreciated.