• Different EOT device

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by lexon

While at the Northampton former railroad station today, I saw Guilford #343 running backwards heading south pulling some covered hoppers. The last hopper had a red flag stuck in the coupler for a EOT device.
Interesting.
About two hours later, 343 was running forward heading north and pushing a bunch of flatcars with a skeleton fame and the cars had what looked like 6 x 6 or 8 x 8 lumber. I was not in position to see where the EOT device might have been put. Very seldom see a freight in this area running backwards but I do not live in the area so maybe this happens at different times.

Rich
  by jr145

Red flags are allowed to be used in place of EOT devices on smaller trains during the daytime.
  by lexon

jr145 wrote:Red flags are allowed to be used in place of EOT devices on smaller trains during the daytime.
Interesting as I did some searching on the Internet about this.
Last couple weeks I am seeing a normal EOT device.
Last two days I have seen #350 pulling South with a regular EOT device.
I have no idea what their destination is when they head South.

Rich