Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by UpperHarlemLine4ever

Looks like a lot of the destination signs are out again on the M7's. Is it the same problem that they had before with the coupling and uncoupling of the cars or is it a new problem?

by Clean Cab

Note to Kawasaki...........................

DON"T LET THIS HAPPEN TO THE M8s!!!

by powerdirector99

Now if the automated PA would go out also my ride would once again be peacefull.

by SheWhoCommutes

powerdirector99 wrote:Now if the automated PA would go out also my ride would once again be peacefull.
Come to the Dark Side! Over on the New Haven line, we don't have to deal with those pesky automated announcements. We've got a nice cozy seat on an M2 waiting for you... (if you're lucky!)

by Nester

There are conductors on the LIRR who are able to manually program the system to work. Can this be done with the M7As?

Personally, I ride bomb cars and I appreciate the manual announcements.

by RearOfSignal

If the conductor has nothing better to do than reset the ASI after every other stop.

by SubaruWRX

SheWhoCommutes wrote:
powerdirector99 wrote:Now if the automated PA would go out also my ride would once again be peacefull.
Come to the Dark Side! Over on the New Haven line, we don't have to deal with those pesky automated announcements. We've got a nice cozy seat on an M2 waiting for you... (if you're lucky!)
That is if you sit in a car with working PA systems or one that is loud enough.. Or hope the mic on the control panel is not going to cut in or out or buzz.

by mncommuter

In case anyone's still reading this thread...
Here's an updated link to that article.

http://www.newsday.com/services/newspap ... 4841.story

by DutchRailnut

Thats not an update thats old news, it was reported on April 8 or 9th its now May.

by mncommuter

Not an updated story... an updated LINK.
The earlier link doesn't work.