• Delays on the commuter lines due to CSX

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

CSX is having signal problems west of Back Bay and all South Side lines are being affected, how is this possible? CSX doesn't have signals on the NEC, why would it affect the NEC?

by Robert Paniagua

I don't know why, Im not sure.

Maybe the entire signal system may be linked together in a major network.

by CSX Conductor

Robert Paniagua wrote:I don't know why, Im not sure.

Maybe the entire signal system may be linked together in a major network.
CSXT controls signal system for the Framingham Line west of COVE Interlocking. The only other CSXT track that the MBTA would cross in revenue service would be the Framingham Secondary at Walpole on the Franklin branch, which is controlled by the MBCR.

As far as signal systems..... CSXT dispatchers are in the Albany Division Regional Building in Selkirk, NY. The MBCR Branch Line, Old Colony, Amtrak Corridor, Dorchester and Main-Line Dispatchers are all in Soth Station. :wink:

by ST214

Not to wander off-topic here, but i heard that CSX had moved all dispatchers to Jacksonville,FL, and was dispatching the whole railroad from there. Was this abandoned, or was it shot before it flew???
  by GP40MC1118

No, the Selkirk dispatchers office is still alive and kicking.

D

by CSX Conductor

Selkirk is still there. However, they do have a "bunker" or two for emergency situations where they can just fly people tothe bunker and runn everything from the bunker if need be. (i.e. natural disaster, terrorsit threat, etc.)

by SnoozerZ49

The back up on the CSX lines can have a ripple effect on the other lines in two ways. First of all the crews that are stuck out on the CSX line can't get back in to take out their next train which may be to Forge Park, South Attleboro, etccc. Secondly the equipment held out on CSX is scheduled to handle trains on the other lines.

by CSX Conductor

But this won't bother Snoozer anymore, now it'll be Guilford holding him up, right? :P