• Delayed WMATA Metrorail TRIP REPORT from Thurs 10/11/07

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Love Train

Sorry for waiting so long to post this. Haven't had time until now.

This was a simple Metro trip. I took the Red Line from my home stop Grosvenor-Strathmore to Union Station to pick up my grandmother, who was visiting over the weekend from New York, and back.

I got a mixed train of CAFs and Breda Rehabs going downtown. The first two and last two cars were CAFs, while the middle two were rehabilitated Bredas. I was in CAF #5105, the front car. This train originated at Grosvenor, so it was completely empty when it arrived. It's destination was Silver Spring. This train got pretty crowded after Metro Center, which is the norm. There was nothing worth noting on this ride downtown.

I was early and my grandmother's train was delayed, so I was able to watch trains for about 20 minutes at Union Station. I saw two 8 car trains. Both of my trains were the traditional 6 cars long.

Coming back, I got a mixed train of rehabilitated and original Bredas. The first four cars were Breda Rehabs, and the last two were original Bredas. I cannot remember if they were 3000 or 4000 series original Bredas but I think they were 3000. Anyway, I was in rehabilitated Breda #3194, the front car. This train's destination was Shady Grove. This train was moderately crowded. The ride was uneventful.

Overall, an easy, run-of-the-mill Metro trip.

P.S. When are they gonna rehabilitate the elevator at Grosvenor-Strathmore? It seems like every damn elevator in the system has been rehabbed with the voice and the working LCD floor indicator except the one at Grosvenor. As I was leaving the station I saw an old woman try to get into the elevator. The doors opened fast and right away slammed shut at the same speed, and they closed right on the woman. She shrieked like a donkey with a sore throat.