• D&H finally sold.....

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by TheAngryBrakeman

Looks like the D&H will now be an NS operation as of September........
The RN will lose the CP interchange and will be landlocked by NS.

by rushhour

Damn that sucks! There going to lose money over this I suppose.

by RR_Fan

Here goes...... :(
  by LV270

CP informed the 17 new hires in Binghamton that this is only a rumor.

by rushhour

Must be a pretty BIG rumor then!

by RDG Mallet

I am not so sure how true this is afterall. I decided to look into this a bit more and discovered the BLE website clearly states the word "rumors" in part of it's announcment. See for yourself: http://www.ble659.com/CURRENT.htm Too me, this information is not concrete by any means.

Mike

READING LINES "BEE LINE SERVICE"

by roc

Railpace has posted a rebuttal from CPR. Well, a kind of rebuttal...

CANADIAN PACIFIC'S RESPONSE TO BLE LOCAL WEBSITE REPORT: There has continued to be a number of rumours and ongoing speculation in regards to the restructuring by CPR of its D&H railroad. As a matter of policy CPR does not comment on rumours or speculation on any aspect of their operations. However, in response to rumours posted on the BLE website regarding a possible deal between CPR and NS on the operations of the D&H, CPR made the following comments:
• CPR acknowledged NS is one of several railways that have expressed an interest in participating in the restructuring of the D&H
• CPR has not formalized any deal in regards to the restructuring of the D&H
• CPR will issue a formal news release when it has formalized its restructuring of the D&H

================

In other words, the fat lady has yet to sing.

by rushhour

Say "IF" Nazi Southern was to get the D&H. How many trains would be abolished? The few trains that do come down the Lehigh Line, would they get re-routed? Anyone here feel that this could cause major problems for the R&N???

by RDG Mallet

Well, I understand now they have caught the disgruntled NS engineer who started this RUMOR rolling on the BLE sight. He is currently being disciplined by NS.

Mike

by TheAngryBrakeman

Yeah I heard that too Mike, an NS engineer hacked into the BLE server and fradulently posted that.

by Otto Vondrak

What does this have to do with Reading & Northern?

-otto-

by RDG Mallet

Otto:

One word: INTERCHANGE :wink:

there it is...

Mike

by Otto Vondrak

It turrns out that NS did not purchase D&H... however, CP will vacate SK yard for NS's yard in Buffalo... and NS will use CP's yard in Bingo. It also looks like some other agreements will mean more shared operation... but D&H is still owned and operated by CP.

-otto-

by caboose

CP will probably not sell the Delaware and Hudson (:P) because the thought of CN getting it makes CP shiver.

by AmtrakFan

Where were your Scorces Angry Breakman.

AmtrakFan