• CSX Tracks Around Kenmore Yard Question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by lakeshoredave

What is the technical name for the track that comes out of Kenmore Yard goes across Sheridan Drive and goes to Dunlop, Harriet Power Plant, Tonawanda Coke Plant, etc?
  by KenK

I believe its the Wonalancet Running Track.

According to the 1-1-78 Conrail Buffalo Track Chart, it runs between N. Buffalo Jct. and Harriet

Sorry but I could copy the track chart to the email.

Ken K
  by Flat-Wheeler

It may have been the Wonalancet Runner some 30 years ago as Ken says ( I agree, I have the same CR maps and timetable indicating such). But I tend to believe it's probably now considered the Kenmore Industrial lead. Since moving out of state to find work, I haven't been around Kenmore since 2006, but I can tell you I never heard any scanner chatter referring to Wonalancet Running track while I lived in Kenmore from 1995 til 2006. An engineer buddy of mine never mentioned it either. Wurlitzer Runner yes, but never any reference to the Wonalancet Running track.
  by KenK

The Wurlitzer Running track is in Niagara County and runs from North Tonawanda northeast 3 miles toward Lockport to Wurlitzer Park by Niagara Falls Blvd. Originally, I think It ran to Lockport and the Falls Branch.
  by AbandonedRailroader

Early 1900s map i have has it listed as New YD