• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by DRay

I will also be attending OCT 26th pending the results of the strength test and physical. I am also from Indiana going for freight conductor.
  by yubtrpn

I was called by someone from the office from which I was hired, I was told if I hadn't recieved an email with my itinerary by the 22nd, to call them back.
  by changed

they let you know stuff at the very last minute if you set to go the 28th and you are pretty sure you got the job go ahead and plan your life as if you are going it could be a couple days before you go when they decide to call you or email you! all of my info was emailed to me when I got hired on never received anything in the mail! And take my advice DO NOT FLY you will be in Atl for 6 weeks thats 6 weeks with no way to get food no way to get to a grocery store to fix your own food no way to go out on the weekend to get a break from studing! You also get $0.58 a mile if you drive I got almost $500 to drive down it didn't cost me near that much in gas!Again DO NOT FLY several in my class flew and 2 of the rode home with me one weekend and got their cars and decided to not fly back home! Also think if a family emergency comes up at home you think the RR is going to fork over $ for a ticket for you to get home early NOPE!
  by biscuit

Out of which city? I'll be in Garrett
  by DRay

I will also be out of Garrett
  by LMT223

DRay wrote:I will also be attending OCT 26th pending the results of the strength test and physical. I am also from Indiana going for freight conductor.

At what point is CSX letting you guys know when you might be going to REDI? I was called and offered a track-worker position contingent upon passing physical and background check but nothing has been said about a start date for training. I did find out I cleared medical but still nothing as far when I will go to REDI.
  by DRay

I was told in the interview that if I were chosen, that I would be going to REDI on OCT 26th. They also asked at that time if I would be driving or flying down.
  by biscuit

Dray we may have to become friends if we both make it down!
  by DRay

Yeah I agree. Just wish my results from the physical and strength test would hurry up!
  by C130Mech

Just looking to see if anyone is going to REDI in November. Just got the call today that I will be starting in November and possibly in October pending the results of the physical/strength/drug test.
  by biscuit

Me too! i took mine a week ago today.....as far as i know i did fine on everything, but it sure would be nice to know for sure!
  by DRay

Yeah took it last Friday also. The lady at HR said she should have it after 2 wks. Just wishing it would come early so I can start getting ready.
  by Jon Doe

I still havent got/heard nothing yet. Im gonna call Monday and try and figure this out. I really need to know if this is happening. They never called telling me my class was pushed back. She told me September 28th so hopefully something happens. This is really bugging me because I got another job offer somewhere else. I dont wonna turn my head to this though. I dont wonna regret anything, but I cant be screwing around wondering when my class is gonna be. Monday Im gonna try and figure something out and Ill post up what she says...
  by changed

like I said last minute you are still 2 weeks away from having to go. My guess is that they will be calling you the week of the 21st.. What area did you hire on?
  by Jon Doe

They hired me in the Cumberland, Md area.

I hope I get a call or something. I got the REDI centers phone number from a friend of mine yesterday. So Im gonna make a couple calls and see if I can figure something out.

Did they call you at the last minute? Anyone?