• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by DogBert

Whenever someone tells you not to take a photo, consider telling them not to harass you and go read the constitution.

If they're hiding something (which is what anyone afraid of a camera is), they will be outed by local activists and sent packing.
  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:Whenever someone tells you not to take a photo, consider telling them not to harass you and go read the constitution.

If they're hiding something (which is what anyone afraid of a camera is), they will be outed by local activists and sent packing.
You should see the Hunts Point Market. That "public police" force is a b*tch. (Excuse my language). They tried to roll up on me once with 8 cars just because I was photographing the market train. They treated to call the police but backed off when I told them I call the police for them.
  by ccutler

In this case I think they didn't want photos because they were concerned I worked for a competitor and was scoping out their operations from a competitive standpoint, or was an environmentalist trying to find some fault to pick a fight. He asked me not to take pictures, didn't "tell" me not to take pictures.

And by the way, there wasn't really anything terribly interesting to photograph. I big pile of discarded bricks, a parked truck with container, lots of trash bins, a pile of discarded construction lumber from demolitions, that sort of thing, a smaller pile of scrap metal...
  by DogBert

Any security guy getting on my case about photos I happily inform I will call the police for them. Hell, I told one guy (who was a real asshole) I was going to detain him for the police and have him arrested for aggravated harassment. You're 100% in the right to shoot what you want, and they are 100% in the wrong to harass you about it. I just plain hate anyone that tries to tell me not to take photos regardless of their reasons. Google earth. Bing aerial images. If anyone wants something hidden anywhere on this planet they better build walls around it or a god damned bunker.
  by fl9m2004

Saw FPCH tonight head through Bridgeport headed eastbound it was 9059-9014 with 96 cars
Do they head toward New Haven empty and get loaded or reverse
This was around 9:30
  by ccutler

96 cars...nice!

Stone moves from CT to NYC/Long Island, so the eastbound move in CT must be an empty.
  by fl9m2004

that's the longest train I've seen on metro north tracks
  by DogBert

P&W seems to have at least one train every week or two that gets that long. Last night they came into town with a very short train though.

CSX ran an extra to fresh pond yesterday around noon, hauling around 20 cars + NY&A 156. I saw them go towards FP at the usual time this morning - pretty sure they had an empty flat car in there that the green trash containers usually go on - those cars almost never move over the bridge without containers.
  by fl9m2004

I wonder if maybe they needed the cars for this Sunday CHFP or for during the weekday ct2's run
  by wintower

At 6:35p. noticed the P&W train northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. with two engines and approx. 82 cars.
  by fl9m2004

Where they blue and white or the p and w scheme
When would it get to Stamford or norwalk
  by DogBert

Probably the SDs again - they've been the regular power all summer. Not sure how long it takes them to get north but there's probably a post or two in this thread that answers the question.

CSX towards FP right now, 2sd-40-2 and 20 cars.
  by csx8851

wintower wrote:At 6:35p. noticed the P&W train northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. with two engines and approx. 82 cars.
That train had 2 PW SD60s....passed my location at 6:40pm. 82 cars, wow, I thought it was only 50 or so. Don't you guys think only 2 SDs with 90 loaded cars for a CHFP is a bit underpowered for the Hells Gate?
  by Backshophoss

A pair of SD-60's =3 SD-40-2's horsepower wise,believe MN bills track use charge by lenght and total train tonnage
(As does Amtrak),Hellgate is a long,easy climb heading (RR)west to the bridge,grade might be a little steaper
(downgrade)to Fremont,the kicker is the slow running on the Bay Ridge Secondary across the bridge(10-20 mph)
Not sure if MN (or Amtrak) has a max train lenght or tonnage limits.
  by fl9m2004

When would fpch get to Norwalk today looking forward to seeing it
Might take a video or pics don't know yet