• CSX grain Trains?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by AmtrakFan

When I was railfanning the BNSF RaceTrack I saw a CSX powered Grain Train with CSX hoppers. I've heard this train comes only once a week on Sat. Any info Appricated. Where does it go?

by ACLfan

CSX operates quite a few unit grain trains, including run-thru trains from other railroads such as UP and BNSF.

The loaded CSX grain trains operate in generally west - east and north - south directions, with the primary destinations being to Atlantic ports for transloading to ships, and domestically to flour processing and livestock feed mills through the eastern portion of the U.S.

Go to Bullsheet.com for a complete listing of CSX grain trains. All of CSX's grain trains have G prefix # designations.

ACLfan

by Cowford

Also could be a unit phosphate train from the Bone Valley in FL. They run occasionally over CGO to BNSF-served breakbulk locations and use the same hoppers as those assigned to grain service.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

where is the BNSF Race track? what state?

by Stephen

Illinois, west of Chicago.
- Stephen

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ok thanks :-D

by ACLfan

Cowford wrote:Also could be a unit phosphate train from the Bone Valley in FL. They run occasionally over CGO to BNSF-served breakbulk locations and use the same hoppers as those assigned to grain service.
Covered hopper cars used by CSX (their own and leased) for the transport of phosphate products are slightly different in their outside appearance than the hoppers used for grain and other commodities. At a glance, they look the same.

ACLfan