• Crew Utilization?

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by powerpro69

If someone is on OS status for Crew Utilization, what does this mean?

by UPRR engineer

OS (other service) which is usually company business. Guys will get put in that status for rules test. Hard to say, Crew Utilization ive saw guys with that under there name when there getting an RCL ride, get pulled off the board to get some DP training, behavior mod meeting.....? Hard to say buddy.

by powerpro69

Thanks, I know the guy, he lays off sick 4 or 5 times a month minimum, so I'm guessing Behavior mod :-D

by Burner

I thought it was Out of service...

I'm attending a training class at the moment, and i'm OS status

by paddy78

OS is only used for company business or training., like UPRR said. If the guy is off OS for crew util. that means he is working in crew balancing. I only saw this in a few places on the UP, North Platte being one where they would pull union guys off the boards to help with crew balancing. that means these guys would actually "advise" CMS and the corridor managers on calling trains because the boards are getting screwed up and they have to pull some creative crew calling to get the trains moving again. Of course, the union wants a man on the spot even though he doesnt really have much say in how it is done....

by UPRR engineer

Burner wrote:I thought it was Out of service...
LF ....... Layed off Fired

by Burner

???

by UPRR engineer

Pulled out of service, usually starts out as IP (Investigation Pending) then when your getting your time off a guy will show as LF (Layed off Fired).

Say your "out of service" in the yard office and the old heads will think your gonna see some time off.

by UPRR engineer

Log on in to the UP site then go here: https://employees.www.uprr.com/emp/oper ... dcodes.pdf

Gives you all the lay off codes.

Heres the other place with alot of useful info: https://employees.www.uprr.com/emp/oper ... shts.shtml

To get there from the employee home page, Click on Departments, Click on Timekeeping, Click on Operating Personnel, Click on TE&Y Help Sheets , Click on CMTS Employee Status Reference Guide. Theres a ton of stuff in there. Print some of that stuff off and put it in a Dope Folder, toss it in your locker or grip.

Hope that helps...

by powerpro69

Helps tons, thankyou

by Burner

i found a list like that in TCS once, couldnt believe all the codes in there, if it werent coming straight from the mainframe, i would have thought the list was a joke (Lay off, roid flare up, incontenent, gang, high etc...)

by UPRR engineer

Welcome buddy.

by powerpro69

Ahh, just got my answer, a manager just called me in for an RCO qualifying ride, I'm now on OS status for Crew Utilization

by powerpro69

Ok, here's one thats not listed, RU, there are several guys listed under this code, any idea about this one?

by rwallace2fan1

RU= Recalled unsucessfully.