• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by David

Nick---Picture 2 you submitted with the coaches---What spur are they being moved onto?--Since I have not been to Farmingdale (yet), what is the track arrangement in those photos?--Thanks

by MJW

That looks like the switch to the Feehold secondary.

by sixty-six

i rode down 547 past the base today, no coaches visible. wonder where they are....

by sixty-six

I was in lakehurst trying to find the Comet Is, and i didnt see anything there- loco, cars, nothing. Granted this was at 7ish tonight...

OC, why did you say "let them keep it there" after seeing that engine? I must have missed something :P

by nick11a

David wrote:Nick---Picture 2 you submitted with the coaches---What spur are they being moved onto?--Since I have not been to Farmingdale (yet), what is the track arrangement in those photos?--Thanks
I haven't been down there myself yet David. It's a bit south of me. :-) Some of the other folks can probably help you with that.

by NY&LB

Farmingdale is correct (for the location of the pictures of the C1s on the rear end of the train)

by CTL10D

Hmmm.....thats really strange about the coaches, as they were there when I passed again yesterday afternoon. They were located on the other side of 547, towards the bumper of the end of the spur track, inside the base. It is practically impossible to see them in the dark, if that was the problem. However, when i passed, there were several small trucks there with what appeared to be men working around the cars. Were they preparing to ship them by truck elsewhere? Dont know.
I`ll take a ride past again later and let you know what I see. Trust me, they were there.....unless its some wierd Philadelphia experiment with NJT coaches...lol :wink: Take care guys -Chris

by OCtrainguy

jimzim66 wrote:OC, why did you say "let them keep it there" after seeing that engine? I must have missed something :P
CSX GP40-2 4441 has been a regular on the Southern Secondary for quite some time. The vast majority of the GP40-2s used by the SA35 & SA31 since I started becoming aware of the train have been CSX ones. For me, seeing the NS GP40-2s is a welcomed break. That's why I said it can stay in Philadelphia. :-D

by wolfboy8171981

The Coaches are going to be used as part of anti terrisom training at Ft Dix

by nick11a

wolfboy8171981 wrote:The Coaches are going to be used as part of anti terrisom training at Ft Dix
Just like the the other Comet I coach. That one was trucked to someplace in north Jersey to be used for a similar purpose.

by sixty-six

Ahh OC i see. Maybe thats why i didnt see the coaches...it WAS dark. Ill try tomorrow after work, when it is light out.

by nick11a

jimzim66 wrote:Ahh OC i see. Maybe thats why i didnt see the coaches...it WAS dark. Ill try tomorrow after work, when it is light out.
Yes, having light does make being able to see things easier. :wink:

by sixty-six

Nick, so THATS why youre a guru on the forums, huh? :P

by njt4172

nick11a wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:The Coaches are going to be used as part of anti terrisom training at Ft Dix
Just like the the other Comet I coach. That one was trucked to someplace in north Jersey to be used for a similar purpose.
Nick,

Try Picatinny Arsenal in Rockaway, NJ.....To get there you have to take Route 80 west to Green Pond Road (Route 513) north..Stay on that for a few miles and make a left onto Snake Hill Road.....Go past the vast forest and enter near the arsenal....I think the coach is blocked now though :(

Steve

by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:
nick11a wrote:
Nick,

Try Picatinny Arsenal in Rockaway, NJ.....To get there you have to take Route 80 west to Green Pond Road (Route 513) north..Stay on that for a few miles and make a left onto Snake Hill Road.....Go past the vast forest and enter near the arsenal....I think the coach is blocked now though :(

Wish it was still in revenue service. Oh well, their days are slowly fleeting, unfortunately.

Steve